Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last Day at Work

Today I left my job for the past 3 1/2 years. I was going to be leaving tomorrow, but we've been so slow lately that I spoke to my boss and he let me go early. I packed up my things and said goodbye to everyone I could before heading out the door and making my final half hour commute home. I cried quite a bit before and during that drive.

I'm going full time school (more than, actually) on Monday and playing Mr. Mom every morning this semester. Steph will be writing for the internet during the morning hours. It was hard figuring out what to do for this semester, but we knew leaving my job was the right thing to do. I will miss it, though possibly not all the cold (exposed warehouse work is a little chilly during Utah Winters).

Although it was hard work I will miss it. I learned a lot from that job. They taught me about hard work and leadership and gave me job skills like forklifting, torch-cutting and crane operating that can come in handy during future summer months. I hope they continue to do well.

Onto the new year! I will be doing a lot of school and get to see my kids every day for a few hours in the morning. I have volunteered for breakfast duty the whole semester and have a fantastic new griddle to help out there.

Life is good. Things are working out the way they should and I am grateful to all those who've given us support - tangible and non - on our new direction. Thank you for being there for us.

No comments: