So we got out of church today and I tried to start the car. No go. Several people came, offered assistance and opinions. One towed it back to the house for us.
It died. Something is wrong with the starter and there are a host of other upcoming problems. We are certain it is not worth it (for us) this time. So we are selling it off "as is." It's kind of strange since it was our first car and we personally put 76,000 of its 170,000 miles on it. But after replacing the engine ($3000) and all the other work put into it (~$1,500) since its original purchase of $3000, we are done.
Anyway, we have no attachment to it at this moment, which you'd think we would, right? Nope. We feel sure that it needs to go and we need to look into another vehicle (minivan? maybe...). We'll see. Keep us in your prayers!
1 comment:
I haven't come to your site for quite a while, so I had all kinds of reading to catch up on! So sorry about your car and the other difficulties, but thank you for writing about all your little miracles, too. I wish that we lived closer to you, that I could think of more to do for you, etc, but I'm grateful to know that those who do live near you are taking such good care of you and your little family. Thanks for sharing these experiences!
Post a Comment